There are programs available to help veterans and active members of the military buy homes.
Grants of up to $5000 for veterans and active duty personnel
- You must be a first time home buyer or not have owned a home for at least three years
- Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard, Veteran, Department of Defense employee, or a Department of Homeland Security employee are eligible
- This is a matching grant you still must put some money down
- Program is offered by the Pentagon Federal Credit Union Foundation. You do not have to be a member of the credit union to qualify and can use any lender
- For more information and to apply - Dream Makers
VA loans are available for many veterans and military personnel, please complete the form below if you would like to be contacted by a lender about a VA Loan. More information can be obtained from the Veteran's Administration - VA Loans